The law of the Commonwealth of Australia govern this refund policy.
1) PROVIDER DEFAULT
If Australian Academic Solutions cancels the course at any stage during the period of enrolment (prior to beginning of the course), a refund will be provided based on the following:
A full Refund of all fees paid to that date. Students may also choose to be placed in a course later with these fees being fully transferable.
2) CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
Please refer to the Cancellation and Refund Policy" policy located in the Student Handbook and website for a full explanation of our Refunds policy.
3) STUDENT WITHDRAWAL
All Refunds made to Australian Academic Solutions will incur an administration fee of $50 with any refunds to be sent in form of a bank transfer.
Our Refunds policy is subject to the following conditions
If you advise Australian Academic Solutions in writing in no less than 2 working days prior to the commencement of your course, we will provide a full refund minus the above administration fee.
If you withdraw from the course from day 1 up to 25% of the course completion a fee will be charged.
If you withdraw from 25% up to 50% of the course completion a further fee will be charged at 50% of the full "Fee for Service" cost of the course.
If you withdraw from the course after 50% or more of the course has been completed we will charge the full "Fee for Service" cost of the course.
If you have enrolled and paid any course fee via our online service, the above points will apply to any refund request. You will need to apply for a refund in writing and the refund will be sent in the form of a bank transfer.
Where students have been asked to leave the classroom and not-rejoin for behavioural reasons the above refund policy will also apply.
CLAIMING A REFUND
4) The student must provide their notice of withdrawal or cancellation in a signed and dated written letter. The claim for a refund must include a reason and must include supporting official documentation of the student’s circumstances for withdrawal/cancellation plus a contact name and telephone number to enable Australian Academic Solutions to validate this claim.
5) Date of Cancellation / Withdrawal is the date the written request is received by Australian Academic Solutions’ Administration staff
6) A student should apply for a refund as soon as possible after notice of cancellation / withdrawal is submitted.
7) All refunds will be paid as soon as possible and no later than 5 working days from an approved cancellation / withdrawal notification only if the supporting documentation has been validated during this timeframe.
8) All course fees and charges are payable in Australian Dollars (AUD$) and must be paid in full prior to a student attaining their qualification.
9) All fees and charges must be paid in advance by the date shown on this Enrolment Form and/or any outstanding Invoices prior to any results or certificates being issued.
10) If students need to repeat a unit(s) after being given two attempts at assessments and they are still deemed Not Yet Competent, a $70 per unit tuition fee is payable, in advance, at the discretion of Australian Academic Solutions management
11) Payments can be made by EFTPOS, Visa, MasterCard or cash
12) If a third party is paying any or the whole amount of your course fees, an “Authority to Invoice” or similar documentation must be obtained by our administration prior to commencement date of your course. STS accepts no responsibility for the delays or other factors associated in obtaining this documentation.
13) Replacement qualification testamurs will be provided at a cost of $40 per reprint. Replacement Responsible Service of Alcohol or First Aid Statements will be provided at a cost of $10 per reprint.
14) I have been made aware of the following fee information by Australian Academic Solutions.
- the total amount of all fees including course fees, administration fees, materials fees and any other charges.
- payment terms, including the timing and amount of fees to be paid and any non-refundable deposit/administration fee.
- the nature of the guarantee given by Australian Academic Solutions to complete the training and /or assessment once the student has commenced study in their chosen qualification or course.
Australian Academic Solutions gives a guarantee that except for unforeseen circumstances beyond their control, every effort will be made to deliver training and assessment services and meet desired qualification outcomes as agreed. Where cancellation has occurred prior to the commencement of a course due to organisational or external constraints that are no fault of the student all monies paid are to be fully refunded. Where cancellation has occurred after the commencement of a course due to organisational or external constraints that are no fault of the student all monies paid for the portion of study not yet completed are to be fully refunded.
- the fees and charges for additional services, including such items as issuance of a replacement qualification testamur and the options available to students who are deemed not yet competent on completion of training and assessment.
- Australian Academic Solutions’ refund policy.
LANGUAGE, LITERACY, AND NUMERACY (LLN)
15) I understand and agree that my Language, Literacy and Numeracy skills must be assessed prior to enrolment being accepted. I understand that if my LLN levels are not seen as sufficient to enter my intended course it may be recommended to me that I seek external LLN support with the guidance of Australian Academic Solutions and entry to the class may not be granted until this has occurred.
16) I have been provided information on course units and structure and agree to participate in the developed Training Plan and Training Schedule provided. I have been provided with enough evidence to make informed decisions in regard to enrolling in my chosen course including the processes of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and/or Course Credit via Credit Transfer.
I hereby agree to participate in the required physical activities and exercises as required for certification within the Security training courses conducted by Australian Academic Solutions based on the terms and conditions set out below:
17) I hereby acknowledge an understanding of and agree to participate in physical demanding activities that if done incorrectly could be detrimental to my health. I fully understand that it is my responsibility to notify my trainer/assessor of any activities or exercises that I believe will be at the detriment of my current physical health so that appropriate reasonable adjustment can be made.
18) I acknowledge that the training, while conducted in the safest possible conditions and under qualified supervision, involves physical contact and inherent risks and I accept those risks. I agree to conduct myself in a safe and mature manner in accordance with the instructions from my instructor.
19) I confirm I am physically capable of participating in this training and that I have no existing medical condition which should reasonably preclude my participation and ability to show competence.
20) I agree to release and indemnify Australian Academic Solutions, its proprietors, agents and officers, and Australian Academic Solutions Pty Ltd and subsidiary companies, including all instructors, staff members, and students from any liability whatsoever in connection with my participation in the required physical activities and exercises within the training program. Without limitation, this includes all loss or damage, or injury incurred as a direct or indirect result of my participation.
21) I agree that I voluntarily assume all risks involved in these training sessions and agree that I will fulfil my duty of care and conduct myself in an appropriate manner and will always act in a manner that is in the best interests of fellow students, Australian Academic Solutions and Australian Academic Solutions Pty Ltd.
22) I declare that to the best of my knowledge and belief, the information contained in this document is true, correct and complete. If during the training any further medical or physical conditions are known it is my responsibility to notify my trainer/assessor of these and not take part in any activities that may be reasonably seen to cause additional health problems.
COMPLAINTS AND APPEALS
23) I understand Australian Academic Solutions aims to provide a fair, equitable and productive learning environment for all its students. I have reviewed and understand the complaints and appeals policy at AAS as provided to me in the student handbook. I understand that this policy seeks to support the achievement of this goal by providing a transparent and consistent process for resolving complaints and appeals efficiently and effectively.
Please note that this agreement, and the availability of complaints and appeals process, does not remove the right of the student to act under Australia’s consumer protection laws
24) Australian Academic Solutions is committed to protecting students’ right to privacy. Where relevant, information is collected and disclosed to appropriate bodies to determine and verify students’ eligibility for funded places, previous qualifications; individual welfare needs, plus report any details of Student enrolment.
25) I understand that I must comply with policies and rules of Australian Academic Solutions and agree that I have reviewed within the student handbook these before making this application for enrolment. I understand that these will be re-iterated at the commencement of course through the induction and that I must attend class and meet the requirements of the training schedule.
26) I agree to pay all fees owing on or before the due date
27) I agree that Australian Academic Solutions may use my image and testimonials in its advertising/marketing materials at their discretion. If I do not agree to this, I understand that this is to be made clear to Australian Academic Solutions on enrolment.
28) I understand that I must arrive at Australian Academic Solutions on time for the student Induction program and where this does not occur, I may be excluded from entering the class
29) I understand that Australian Academic Solutions delivers its courses through day and evening sessions 8:00am to 10:00pm. I have been made aware of the available days and times currently set for my intended course and understand that this may be altered on the agreement of both parties due to operational restrictions.
30) Australian Academic Solutions shall be under no liability whatsoever to any student for any injury, loss or damage sustained at or upon the School’s premises howsoever caused and whether in respect of any negligent act or omission by Australian Academic Solutions, its employees, agents, servants or otherwise.
31) I understand that as part of my desired training course there may be class excursions and class sessions external to the classroom required and I understand that there are inherent risks involved. I agree that I voluntarily assume all risks involved in these training sessions and/or excursions and that I will not hold Australian Academic Solutions responsible or liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from the excursion including travel to and from the location. Travel to and from the location will be at the expense of yourself unless otherwise agreed.
32) I understand that where a staff member at Australian Academic Solutions reasonably believes that an ambulance is required in relation to my personal health, one will be called with all associated costs the responsibility of you the individual signing this agreement and not Australian Academic Solutions or its representatives.
33) I understand that for student safety reasons my footage may be recorded by camera whilst in the training areas at Australian Academic Solutions.
34) I agree to and have been informed through this enrolment process and via the student handbook (which I have read and understood); the training, assessment and support services that will be provided and also about my rights and obligations as a student.
35) I declare that I have been made aware of the availability of Credit Transfer (CT) Recognition of Current Competence (RCC) and Recognition Prior Learning (RPL) with these options discussed with and explained to me and I understand that where applicable I may gain credit for past qualifications/units completed and that any competencies that are specific to the course outcomes that have been previously acquired by myself through formal, informal or workplace learning may be assessed through the process of RPL.
36) I declare that I have been made aware of the availability of the Victorian Training Guarantee and have been given the opportunity to provide evidence to show possible eligibility for this.
37) I am aware that there is a possibility of receiving an NCVER survey and/or an invitation to participate in an endorsed project and/or being contacted by the commission for audit purposes.
38) I agree to be contacted by Australian Academic Solutions as future courses and other offerings become available that may be of interest to me.
39) I understand that Australian Academic Solutions collects, analyses, and acts on relevant data for continuous improvement of training and assessment and that as part of this process I may be asked to provide feedback on my experience both during and after the completion of my course. I understand that this feedback helps Australian Academic Solutions to continuously improve client services by collecting, analysing and acting on relevant data.
40) I am aware that the classes will not be conducted if insufficient numbers of students have enrolled. If this occurs, I am aware of the companies refund policy.
41) I understand that all work submitted as part of the course completed becomes the property of Australian Academic Solutions and will be kept on file and not be returned. My records of attainment of units of competency and qualifications will be retained for a period of 30 years.
42) I hereby authorise Australian Academic Solutions to release any information concerning my time here to:
any government department, providing confidentiality is assured.
apprenticeship authorities and my employer if I am undertaking apprenticeship studies.
my employment service provider which has referred me to complete this study
in line with National principles of the Fair Handling of personal information
SECURITY INDUSTRY IMPORTANT INFORMATION
I have read the Important Information section of this enrolment form and understand that for specific job roles e.g. security, there are licensing requirements that I must meet. I understand that Australian Academic Solutions endeavours to provide all relevant information in relation to the licensing application process yet understand that it is my responsibility to fully research these requirements and disclose any relevant information. I understand that Australian Academic Solutions cannot influence a licensing body decision on whether individuals will be accepted for licences at the completion of my studies. I understand that information in regard to security requirements can be found at Business Consumer Affairs.